Wednesday, February 4, 2009

CC or Chinese Connection

Rt now, China and I are this close. This is their year of Ox and I concur. This is my year of Ox too.

I had intially thought of it as the year of the Bufallo. But one knows there is a fine difference between the Ox and the Buffalo.

The word “buffalo,” by the way, comes to English from the Romance languages; the Spanish word is búfalo, and the Italian is bufalo. The word is a distant cousin of our word “beef.” The word “bison” comes from Latin, where it referred to an ox, and it may originally have been a Germanic term meaning “stinking animal.” (courtesy Quezi).

So for now, I am willing to be the stinky Ox in the china shop.

Talk like an Ox, Walk like an Ox, theeeenk like an Ox...plough like an Ox... have a hump or two. Paint my horns red,wear bells on my feet....SNORT.....


nO mOrE bEiNg ThE nAmBy PaMbY cAt...and her, with all her hair fallen out.



No comments: